by John Flanagan
Prefix/Suffix for Dimension Types
Customise dimensions to meet your documentation needs by adding a prefix, suffix or both to a dimension type.
When you need a custom dimension containing a prefix or a suffix, you can now include a definition for the prefix and the suffix in the dimension family type. Previously you could only add prefix and suffix values to individual instances of a dimension. Adding them to the type saves time. The prefix and suffix defined in the type is automatically added when each dimension is placed.
To create a prefix/suffix to a custom dimension type
- Click Annotate tab Dimension panel.
- On the Dimensions panel drop-down, click the appropriate dimension tool.
For example, if you want to apply custom accuracy to a linear dimension, click Linear Dimension Types.
- Alternate: Select a dimension and click Edit Type on the properties palette.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate. Enter a name for the new dimension style and click OK.
- In the Primary Units section, input a value for prefix/suffix.
- Click OK twice.