by Florentina Stirbu
Some Autodesk products install tools that can easily reset the user profile i.e. the Inventor Reset Utility and AutoCAD’s Reset Settings to Default - but how can you reset your Vault profile?
The Vault user profile can become corrupted and there are scenarios where a profile corruption can prevent a user from accessing Vault – the error below is shown as soon as the Vault Client is launched.
It can also be a convenient method to reset the position of all Vault dialogue boxes (Check in, Check out) which may appear off screen, as opposed to bringing them back into view one by one.
To reset the Vault user profile, delete or rename the folders below:
- %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Productstream 20xx
- %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Vault Explorer 20xx
- %APPDATA%\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx Vault Addin
- %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Basic 20xx
- %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Workgroup 20xx
- %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 20xx
- %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Reference Repair Utility
- %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Inventor 20xx Vault Addin
Please note that some of these folders may not exist – delete/rename only what can be found in the %APPDATA%\Autodesk directory.
Any shortcuts and saved searches will be lost when the profile is reset.