by John Flanagan
Inserting Dynamic Blocks
Inserting dynamic blocks follows the procedures that is used when inserting standard blocks. However, dynamic blocks can include special insertion options: insertion point cycling and automatic alignment.
- Only blocks that are created with these features have this functionality.
- Some dynamic blocks are annotative and are automatically scaled according to the Annotation scale that is set in the Status Bar.
How To Insert a Block Using Automatic Alignment
- Click on the block in the tool palette. (You cannot click and drag drop the block for this to work).
- Move the cursor toward the object to which you want to align the block.
- When the block is aligned properly as shown, click to place it.
- Object snaps work with the Alignment option. To place the block anywhere along the line, you may want to turn off the default object snaps or use the Nearest osnap.