by John Flanagan
Fields are text objects that are designed to hold information that updates in a drawing when the base information changes. Fields can contain information, such as Date, File Name, Sheet Number, or Login name. They can be used in standard multiline text objects and in attributes and tables.
Fields in a Title Block
- Fields can be based on standard data or any property of an AutoCAD object, any AutoCAD system variable and various other data information.
The Field dialogue box can be opened in the following ways:
- Text Editor contextual tab>Insert panel in the Multiline Text Editor.
- The shortcut menu in the Table cell.
- The Attribute Definition dialogue box.
- The Enhanced Attribute Editor.