by Garry Stockton
Above vehicle collections (.SKP files) courtesy of 3D Warehouse.
Whilst using Navisworks, have you ever been frustrated with the lack of Avatars? You can add additional content from sites such as 3D Warehouse as follows:
- Open the file you want to use as your Avatar (DWG, SKP file for example) in Navisworks.
- Select the application button Save As. In the Save As dialog box, select .nwd in the Save as Type box.
- Browse to the Autodesk Navisworks installation directory, for example: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2018\avatars\my_new_folder_name.
- Type in the new name for your avatar file and click Save.
- Restart Autodesk Navisworks and open any file.
Click the application button Options.
- In the Options Editor, expand the Interface node and click the Viewpoint Defaults option.
- Click the Settings button in the Collision area.
- In the Default Collision dialog box, select the Enable check box in the Third Person area.
- Select your avatar in the Avatar drop-down list.
- Click OK to return to the Options Editor.
You can also change the size of the avatar by changing the Height and the Radius values in the Viewer area.
Click OK and Restart Navisworks.