By Miles Nicholson
The following is an overview of the changes made to AutoCAD Electrical 2021.
AutoCAD Electrical 2021 provides a set of enhancements based on customer feedback, surveys and analytic data that prioritise Autodesk’s efforts. Several features modernise and streamline frequently used features across many customer disciplines. The drawing format for this release continues to be AutoCAD 2018. For developers, this is an API-breaking release. The features listed below are electrically specific features ONLY and do not include the “vanilla” AutoCAD 2021 new features.
Global Search in the Catalogue
One of the top voted ideas in the AutoCAD Electrical Ideastation is now available in this release. With the Global Search functionality, the Catalogue Browser can now search for catalogue data across the tables.
In the Catalogue Browser, click Global Search to search data in all the available tables.
The Catalogue Global Search dialog box displays the results of the global search.
Additional Manufacturer Catalogue Content
Manufacturer Catalogue content that were released as updates in earlier versions, are now included in AutoCAD Electrical 2021 as standard. The content updates include the catalogue data from Eaton and Siemens.
Additional Siemens PLC catalogue information for S7-1500 PLC series is also included in AutoCAD Electrical 2021.
AutoCAD Electrical 2021 has optimised the background colours with the icon colours to provide the optimum contrast without distraction from the drawing area, where you're usually focused.
- Project Database Services
- Improved stability when working with the project database services.
- LISP function for Bill of Material panel now creates a valid XML file in the German version.
- Component reports now follow the Sort options in the report format (SET) file.
- Improved stability when generating reports.
- Project Setup
- When opening the project, the directory now follows the path specified by the WD_PICKPRJDLG variable in WD.ENV environment file.
- Insert Component and Wires
- The pin assignment of the circuit breaker parent now respects the correct number of child contacts in the drawing.
- Improved stability of the fan-out workflow.
- Wire import now brings the size and colour properties of the wire.
- Panel Components
- Wire numbers that are inserted using Insert Terminal (Schematic List) are now displayed in the panel terminals.
- More stability when inserting panel components.
- PDF Publishing
- In the published PDFs, the hyperlinks with hexagonal arrow style now point to the correct references.
Note: AutoCAD Electrical 2021 toolset also gains advantage of the new features from AutoCAD 2021. For more information, refer to the What's New in AutoCAD 2021?