By Miles Nicholson
7-zip is a little unusual in associating as the default zip utility within AutoCAD® Electricall. You need to download from the 7-zip web site https://www.7-zip.org/download.html the following:
- Extract the .7z standalone console version first.
- Browse to the install directory and rename a copy of the file 7za.exe to rar.exe
- Move the rar.exe file to one of the following locations:
a. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2020\Acade
b. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2020\R23.1\enu\Support
- Browse to where your environment file is located. This will in the root of the AeData folder. You can right click over the current activated project within AutoCAD Electrical > Settings to determine the path if needed.
- In the WD.ENV file use one of the following:
a. WD_ZIP,%PF_DIR%/rar.exe, (for product installation folder)
b. WD_ZIP,%DS_DIR%/rar.exe, (for AppData Roaming folder)
- Restart AutoCAD Electrical.
Here is the WD.ENV file snippet:
(Located by default under: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Acade 2020\AeData):
AutoCAD® Electrical will then create a rar file. However you need to extract the 7-zip.exe, in addition, in order to be able to open the compressed file hence the 2 downloads.
When you open the rar file using 7-zip, the Add command doesn't work either:
However you can drag and drop additional files you may want into the "white" area and the additional files will be within the compressed file.