By David Lewis
When sharing information from Civil 3D with standard AutoCAD users the Civil 3D information need to be exported to an AutoCAD format so it can be read in AutoCAD.
- Navigate to the Output tab on the ribbon and select ‘Export Civil 3D Drawing’. (Fig 1)
- The Export Autodesk Civil 3D Drawing dialogue box will open. (Fig 2)
a. Choose which file format to export to.
b. If the file contains references, you can bind and insert
c. Choose file version i.e. 2017, 2018 etc, and whether to export as 2D or 3D geometry
d. Choose your destination location
e. Insert a prefix / suffix to the drawing name if required.
- When the above criteria is as desired select Export.
- Having opted to Export your drawing(s) Civil 3D will process the drawings and save them in the desired location.
This may take a few moments depending on the size and quantity of drawings being exported. The progress will be displayed in the Export Status window (Fig 3).
- When the export has completed cancel out of the Export Civil 3D Drawing dialogue box.