By Simon Taylor
Why would you create Operation Templates?
- If you want to use same machining strategy for different parts.
- Reducing setup/programming time.
How to Create a Operation Template
- Create a machining operation in InventorCAM. See box below: -
- Once all operations have been created, you can create individual templates for each operation or select all operations for that particular setup. In this example I will be selecting both operations and then clicking right mouse button, you should see a number of commands available, see below: -
- Pick the Store as Template option. You will then get taken to this screen, see below:-
- Choose a name you want to save template as and press save icon.
You have now created an operation template.