By Simon Taylor
Once you have created all your toolpaths, you can create a setup sheet. This will contain some of the following information: -
- Stock Size (Material Size)
- Model Size
- Number of Operations
- Number of Tools Used
- Tool Information (Size, Length, Maximum Z Length, No of Flutes, Feeds and Speeds)
- Operation Information
- Picture preview of component showing part datum and operation toolpaths
This is a quick/accurate method for giving setter/operator part information.
In order to create a setup sheet we need to do a couple of things:-
- Click on the setup item in feature tree (Highlighted with red box below): -
- Click on Setup Sheet on Cam Menu (Highlighted in black box below): -
Once this has been done, the software will ask where the file needs to be saved (I would put it in the same folder as model/CNC G-Code). This will then create a Setup sheet for that machine setup.
We have also created a video showing how to create a Setup Sheet in InventorCAM.