Wiring and Electrics 18th Edition
The IET 18th Edition was ratified and published in July 2018, and all installations designed from 2nd January 2019 are to be in compliance with BS 7671: 2018.
18th Edition revisions include, but not limited to:
Protection against electric shock (Chapter 41)
- Automatic disconnection in case of a fault. (Regulation 4126.96.36.199)
- Revised requirements for circuits supplying socket outlets. (Regulation 411.3.3)
- Additional requirements for circuits supplying luminaires. (Regulation 411.3.4)
Protection against thermal effects (Chapter 42)
- Protection against fire caused by electrical equipment. (Regulation 421.7)
Protection against voltage and electromagnetic disturbances (Chapter 44)
- Protection against transient overvoltages of atmospheric or switching origin. (Regulation 443)
Energy efficiency (Appendix 17)
- The introduction of Appendix 17 relates to energy efficiency.
- CPD Databases now include protective devices as called for in the 18th Edition.
- Motor selection in Wiring complies with new efficiency requirements. (Appendix 17:12)
New Split Board Facility
- CPD Databases now include specific protective devices as required in the 18th Edition.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Installations. (Regulation 722.411.4.1)
- New levels of Protective Measures are specified. (Regulation 722.531.2.101).
Ducts and Pipes in the index run are now highlighted in schedules
- New streamlined Installation process
- Databases updated
- Ability to highlight Risers in schedules in all Piping, PH & Ducting programs
- Improved BOQ
Cymap is moving from away from dongles in favour of cloud-based (non-hardware) licensing, and Cadline Cloud is our new platform that will make it possible.
As well as facilitating licensing, Cadline Cloud will also allow you to download the current version of Cymap, alongside older versions of the product. Ancillary applications such as Cylink will also be made available.