At the time of renewal, all customers with eligible products on maintenance will have the option to Switch to a Subscription term, which will be lower than maintenance plan renewal pricing, and far below the cost of purchasing a new subscription.
You can take advantage of this offer once per seat of a product on maintenance. The price to switch will increase 5% year on year, so the earlier you switch to subscription, the less it will cost. At the time of your maintenance renewal, you can now:
- Switch an eligible product on maintenance to a subscription of the same product (if available).
- Switch an eligible individual product or design suite on maintenance to an Autodesk Industry collection subscription (excluding the AutoCAD LT family of products).
- Continue to renew your maintenance plan – N.B maintenance renewal prices will increase year on year – estimated increase next year is 20%!
Subscribing is the new way to buy for ultimate flexibility - giving you access to Autodesk software on a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that is easier to manage i.e. Annual or Multi-year terms. Your software tools will always be up to date with the latest releases and enhancements, while your workflow will benefit from increased capabilities—from flexible licensing to more capabilities with Autodesk cloud services. You must renew your subscription term prior to expiry to maintain access to your software!
- When you choose to switch, you will be required to give up your perpetual license/s for all seats you switch from maintenance.
- All perpetual licenses must be uninstalled or reconfigured within 120 days of moving to the subscription software. The 120 day reinstall / reconfigure rule will only apply once you use or download any software related to your new subscription licence /s. Autodesk reserves the right to conduct a licence compliancy audit at any time.
- If you switch to the same product or from an individual product to a collection then you just need to update the serial number after allocating the licence in Autodesk Account (single user deployment).
- All design suite licences must be removed and a reinstall done from the new collection subscription download links or media kit (120 day rule above applies).
- Your New software subscription begins the day after your maintenance expires.
- Orders to switch from maintenance to subscription must be submitted to Autodesk no later than 5-days prior to your maintenance expiry date to ensure time for processing. N.B - orders received after a contract has expired will be rejected by Autodesk!
- If you continue to renew your subscription, you’ll enjoy special discounted pricing until 2028 on your subscription renewal (subject to any currency fluctuations applied by Autodesk), which will be lower than maintenance plan renewal pricing and far below the cost of purchasing a new subscription.
- You must renew your new subscription each year to maintain access to your software!
Useful instruction links can be found here for creating new users and installing subscriptions.
If you would like to discuss your options further, please do not hesitate to contact your account manager or our sales support team on 01784 419922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org