By John Flanagan
During a recent training course in Revit Architecture a delegate asked if it was possible to get a railing/fence to follow an arched wall profile. The answer is yes. Please study the following steps.
Fig1: Straight Wall with Railing
- Draw a normal wall with a straight run and place your railing on top.
- Select the wall and edit it’s profile.
- When you press the finish button the railing will be embedded in the wall.
- Select the railing and click the Pick New Host Icon.
- Click on the arched wall and the railing will re-align itself to the new wall type as illustrated.
Fig1: Arched Wall with Railing
I hope you found this tip useful.