By John Flanagan
If you have several drawings open, you can issue the following commands to work on all open drawings:
- SAVEALL will save all the open drawings.
- CLOSEALL will close all the open drawings.
- Ctrl+A will select all objects in the active space of a drawing.
- Ctrl+A, likewise will select all text in a text edit box.
- REDRAWALL refreshes the display in all viewports.
- REGENALL regenerates the entire drawing for all objects in all viewports with the following effects:
Recomputes the locations and visibility for all objects
Reindexes the drawing database for optimum display and object selection performance
Resets the overall area available for realtime panning and zooming in all viewports
- RECOVERALL is illustrated below:
Fig 1: The RECOVERALL COMMAND
Try it for yourself. Type ALL and press enter. Scroll down the list of commands to review how many contain the word ‘ALL’. If you select one that you’re not sure about just press the F1 function key for more help.
Whenever you use a modify command such as COPY, MOVE, or ERASE, you can type ‘ALL’ on the command line to select ALL objects.
Remember that SDI must = 0 for the above commands to work. SDI means Single Document Interface and it is the variable that controls whether you can have more than one drawing open or not.
Visit www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk to view more blogs, White Papers and FAQs.