By Scott Cunliffe
Revising files with relationships can be tricky at first, but there’s a logical process to follow. Factory members are parents of the factory, and must be treated accordingly.
The following will show you how to revise individual factory members.
- Vault: Change State, unselect ‘Include Parents’, Check Out factory
- Inventor: make changes to the factory table1
3.Vault: find the affected factory members2: Change State, Check Out
4.Inventor: Generate Files on the affected factory members
5.Inventor: Update File Properties, Save, Check-in3
6.Vault: Revise factory and members
You should now have factory components at different revisions.
- Changes to factory geometry will require an update on all members
- You may be unable to check the member out if it exists in your workspace. Delete it, refresh vault, check it out
- If you do not see the member in the check in list, follow the steps again correctly.