By Gus Petrikas
Some of our Subscription users reported that they are unable to download the Autodesk Inventor 2016 R2 update, and cannot see it in the Autodesk Application manager, which means they are unable to update their Inventor to the R2 version.
This will mostly apply to Building Design Suite users. Here's why:
"The wrong build of Inventor was included with the Building Design Suite Ultimate 2016 installer. T his prevents updates or patches for Inventor 2016 from installing successfully if Inventor was installed using the Building Design Suite Ultimate 2016 installer."
That means that you need the correct version of Autodesk Inventor (Professional*) 2016 to be able to get the update. You can do that by simply reinstalling Autodesk Inventor:
- Navigate to Control Panel
- Go to Programs and features.
- Find Autodesk Inventor (Professional*) 2016
- Run the uninstaller to uninstall.
- Navigate to Autodesk Virtual Agent
- Go to Download Links section
- Find Inventor Products
- Click on the Autodesk Inventor 2016
- Download the installer and install the software.
Activate the product using your Building Design Suite credentials.
Once you went through all the steps, you should be able to run and install the R2 Update.
*Applies to both, Autodesk Inventor 2016 and Autodesk Inventor Professional 2016.