By Gus Petrikas
Having a separate, custom appearance library in Autodesk Inventor can be very useful, especially when you are working on multiple computers that are not connected to a network, when you need to share the libraries within the network or simply when you want to keep things in Inventor nice and tidy.
Here is a quick tutorial on how to create a custom material library:
- Open the Appearance Browser.
- Click on the Folder with a spanner icon to drop down the menu.
- Create New Library.
- Name your new Appearance Library and select a location for it.
- Now all you need to do is create a material and place it in the library.
- Click on the sphere with a plus sign.
- Select the type of material you want to create.
- Name your material, adjust settings and hit OK.
- Find your new material in the Document Appearances
- Drag-and-drop it into your new material library.
That’s about it. You can copy the .adsklib and share it with your colleagues, friends or the internet.