By Miles Nicholson
The following operating systems are officially supported for 32-bit and 64-bit AutoCAD Electrical 2016 with Service Pack 1.
- Windows 10 Enterprise edition
- Windows 10 Professional edition
Note: Unlike the previous service packs, this service pack DOES NOT include AutoCAD 2016 Service Pack 1. You are encouraged to install AutoCAD 2016 Service Pack 1 together with AutoCAD Electrical 2016 Service Pack 1. You may refer to the AutoCAD 2016 Service Pack 1 readme for more information on the issues resolved.
As a result of the detailed information that Autodesk receive from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, they were able to identify and fix a number of problems. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
The following defects have been fixed by AutoCAD Electrical 2016 Service Pack 1:
- Catalog database becomes read-only when there are multiple users editing in the same time.
- Failed to insert or edit a child component on a drawing which is not part of the active project.
- AutoCAD Electrical 2016 does not work properly when there is apostrophe in the drawing path.
- AutoCAD Electrical 2016 does not work properly when using an alternate wd.env file.
- Projects cannot be remembered in the Project Manager when the wd.env is not in the default path.
- Wire connection is not shown in location view if side by side install AutoCAD Electrical 2016 with AutoCAD 2016 or other vertical products.
- Inserting a PLC module no longer changes the properties of the box.
- Inserting parametric PLC fails when breaking into multiple drawings.
- Report cannot be put on drawing in some localized versions.
- Report will be blank when printing by clicking the Print button in the Report Generator dialog.