You can use Traffic Management Actions to control traffic handled by each policy. In each policy, you can configure two Traffic Management Actions:
The Forward action applies to traffic that originates from IP addresses in the From list configured in the policy (the source) to IP addresses in the To list (the destination).
The Reverse action applies to traffic that originates from IP addresses in the To list configured in the policy (the destination) to IP addresses in the policy From list (the source).
If the Reverse action is a Per IP Address action, the action controls the bandwidth for traffic received per IP address in the From list. For example, in an FTP policy that handles traffic from Trusted to External, a Per IP Address action used as the Reverse action controls the FTP download speed for each source IP address on the Trusted network.
You can select a Forward action, a Reverse action, or both. If you configure a policy to use the same Traffic Management Action as the Forward and Reverse action, the bandwidth settings in the Traffic Management Action apply to the combined bandwidth of traffic in both directions.
To enable Traffic Management Actions in a policy:
- Double-click the policy for which you want to enable traffic management.
- Select the Advanced
The Traffic Management Actions section contains the Traffic Management settings.
- From the Forward (From > To) drop-down list, select a Traffic Management Action to use for forward traffic.
- Frp, the Reverse (To > From) drop-down list, select an existing Traffic Management Action to use for reverse traffic.
- To view or edit the selected action, click
- To create a new Traffic Management Action, click
- Click OK.
When you use the same Traffic Management Action for multiple policies, the maximum and minimum bandwidth apply to traffic in the policies differently based on whether the action type is All Policies, Per Policy, or Per IP Address.