By Gus Petrikas
Having multiple Position Representations (or "PosReps") is very useful when working with moving mechanical assemblies. Here is a quick, step-by-step guide on how to set up different representations for your mechanism.
1. Open your assembly.
2. Expand The Representation Folder in the left-hand Browser.
3. Right-click on the Position Representation and click New..
4. Activate the new PosRep by double clicking on its name.
5. Move components, Drive, or Modify (Override) constraints in your assembly.
7. Right click on the previous PosRep and click Copy, or repeat step 3.
8. Repeat steps 4-6 as many times as required.
The Position Representations created in the modeling environment can also be used in a drawing, to display different positions of the assembly:
1. Create a new Drawing.
2. Place the base view.
3. Click on Overlay in the Ribbon menu, "Place Views" tab.
4. Select the base view.
5. Select the Position you require from the Positional Representation drop-down menu.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 to create multiple position layers for the same assembly.