By James Philip
When working on a large project the number of views created in the project browser can be enormous, so the ability to create more categories than the default ones is essential. These will be based on the default categories.
So, for example, if you have External and Internal Elevations and you need to separate them the process is as follows:
- Select the elevation symbol and select type properties.
- In the type properties dialogue box pick the duplicate button.
- Rename the symbol either External or Internal and select the OK button.
- Then Select the OK button in the type properties dialogue box.
- The new category is created in the browser.
- Any view created with this new symbol will be added to this category.
This process will work for any of the view categories and will enable you to quickly organise your browser to suit your requirements.