by John Flanagan
You want to create a building section view in perspective as illustrated below (fig 1).
Fig 1: Section Perspective of Sample Model in Revit Architecture 2014
Solution (from Autodesk website)
To create a section view in perspective
1. Place a camera in your building model.
2. Select the camera view.
3. On the View menu, click View Properties.
4. In the View Properties dialog box, select the Section Box check box.
5. Click OK.
A section box will be displayed in your drawing. Select the section box and use the control grips to drag the sides of the box inside the model so that a cut view is displayed.
Once you have adjusted the control grips to the desired location for the section cut, follow these steps to hide the section box:
1. On the View menu, click View Properties.
2. In the View Properties dialog box, clear the Crop Region Visible check box.
Tip: You may find it easier to open a plan view to manipulate the section box