The goal for any tagging scheme is to have tags update to reflect changes made to component properties during the lifecycle of a project. This paper explains how the following guidelines can help you set up tag formats to achieve that goal:
- Define tag formatting in the Project Setup dialog box.
- Define delimiters appropriately.
- If possible, define tag formats at the start of a project, before drafters begin tagging components.
- Set up properties for all parts of tags, adding new properties, if necessary.
- Use expressions with properties to further define a tag part.
- When using drawing or project properties, add new acquisition properties to your components before setting up the tag.