How do you make roof lines visible in floor plans?
1. Open the plan view of the level in which you want to see the roof line.
2. In the view properties, expand the Underlay drop-down and select the level on which the roof was created to display as an underlay. This makes the roof line visible in the plan view, but the lines appear as solid lines.
3. Select the Linework tool in the View panel on the Home ribbon. Revit displays the Modify|Linework contextual ribbon. Select the desired linetype from the Line Style type selector.
4. Click on each roof edge line to change the linetype.
5. Go back to the view properties and change the underlay back to “None.”