By Andy Davis
Did you know that you can use the AutoCAD Plant 3D Spec Editor to copy pipe run components between catalogs? You quite simply copy the component from the source catalog and paste it into the target catalog.
The procedure is as follows:
- Open the Spec Editor and open the source catalog.
- Click on the Catalog Editor tab.
- In the Catalog Browser panel, select the component that you wish to copy.
- Right-click and choose Copy.
- Open the target catalog.
- In the Catalog Browser panel, right-click and choose Paste.
- Click the Save to Catalog button then Save the catalog.
You can copy both parametric components and block-based components and mix and match metric and imperial sizes in the same target catalog. Just one thing to note: if you are copying block-based components ensure that you have created the catalog content folders for the target catalog before you copy the components across.