By Andy Davis
By now all AutoCAD P&ID and Plant 3D subscription customers should have received their AutoCAD P&ID 2012 and AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 upgrades, Design Suite customers can expect to receive their upgrades during September.
So what's new in AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012? Well, some of the headline features are listed below.
For P&ID and Plant 3D users:
- New User Interface to create projects that use Microsoft SQL Server Express
- Ability to rename project drawings from within Project Manager
- Functionality to add many symbols at once to the P&ID symbol library
For Plant 3D users:
- New, AutoCAD-based Isometric drawing engine
- Ability to add Field Welds to pipelines at precise locations
- Support for Autodesk Connection Points (ACP) to enable inter-connection between different programs such as AutoCAD Civil 3D and AutoCAD MEP
- Improved display performance through the addition of new system variables
- Dynamic Pipe Spec Tool Palette - updates whenever the current piping spec changes
- Exposure of layers and linestyles in orthographic drawings
- New, full-featured Report Creator tool enables the production of fully formatted P&ID and 3D project reports such as Parts Lists and BOMs
- Conversion tool for CADworx specs in addition to AutoPLANT
More details to follow shortly...