By Miles Nicholson
In AutoCAD Electrical 2015, the catalogue (default_cat.mdb) database structure is slightly different to previous versions because of new fields. You should use the available from the Project ribbon bar to merge and import a previous versions data into the 2015 structure.
However some customers have reported an issue with merging of catalogue data using the Migration Utility because of inconsistencies in their existing default_cat.mdb data. Therefore an alternative method described below will also provide a log file with basic information on what may have caused the non-merging of data.
Browse to the following directory
- Windows x64 C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Acade\x86
- Windows x86 C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Acade\
- Run the file aceDbMergeUtil.exeSelect ¤Catalog Content
- If you receive an error instantly and you are running x64, copy the two dll’s from the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Acade\x86\en-US to the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Acade\x86\ directory
- Select Next
- Select the source catalogue as your 201* database and the destination as your 2015 database
- Select required options
- Select Finish
If the merging of the two databases fails, it will give you a log file located in the catalog folder (e.g. C:\Users\<<your user name>>\Documents\Acade 2015\AeData\en-US\Catalogs)
If you have difficulty in understanding the file, call customer services on 01784419911