Did you know that you can modify the component tags or other data in Excel and then update your drawings after?
Why is this useful?
- Customers may have cad operators and designers; the cad operator can sketch the design and then the designer can detail the schematics via Excel
- The client may determine the tags of the equipment
- The panel may be manufactured by an external source; the manufacturer part information defined by the panel builder in Excel and then updated back to the schemes
How do you do it?
1. Select the Import/Export Data ribbon tab >
Choose what you would like to export (edit)
Select ¤ Project and ¤ Excel file format
Specify the location to save the excel spreadsheet
2. Modify the spreadsheet using Excel
- If changing the component TAG, both the parent and child devices need to be changed
3. Select the Import/Export Data ribbon tab >
Browse to the spreadsheet and select
Select the options that you prefer: