Whilst there has been a lsp utility on the AutoCAD Electrical forum that allowed users to search and replace the file paths for the schematic and panel libraries, there hasn’t been a bespoke command to alter the <>.wdp files and change the icon menu names or paths or indeed any other value such as the alternative secondary catalogue directory and file name. This led me to searching for existing utilities on the web which would fit the purpose.
I came across the following shareware software allowing you a 30 day trial.
This basically allows you to search on any text value inside any number of text files but allowing you to limit it to files with an extension of just *.WDP
The software is very easy to use
Simply selecting Search will provide you with all of the *.WDP files that meet the search criteria
Selecting Modify All replaces all instances of the search criteria with the replacement text
Each WDP file is modified but the software creates a BAK (backup) file
- Actual Search and Replace works under Windows 95/98/Me/2000/NT/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8 operation system.
- You can find files by specifying the path, name masks, and a query. You can search documents for a phrase or several words, multiline or regular expression and use the search engines style queries.
- The tool allows to find files within the previous search results.
- Actual Search and Replace displays abstracts from the searched files and highlights the search words/phrases in them.
- Once you find the documents, you can replace, insert, and delete text in them.
- The preliminary search feature, ability to undo the operations and files backup help users to control the files modification process.
- Files can be filtered by their size and last modification date.
- You can save the report about the found files and detailed information about the occurrences found in them.
- The batch replace operation allows to execute a lot of various replacements with one click.
- Actual Search and Replace can be used also as a command line utility.